Being the first of its kind, Baileys Irish Cream provided the proper treat for adults. Baileys Irish Cream was crafted by Tom Jago in 1971 using rich chocolate, cream, and Irish whiskey. Tom Jago created this drink in hopes of introducing a revolutionary drink for the international market.
Baileys Irish Cream has a shelf life of 24 months from its production day, a massive feat for a product that uses cream. The secret to its long shelf life is its alcohol content that preserves the dairy component of Baileys. To maintain this, the bottle, regardless if it’s been opened or not, needs to be refrigerated between 0°C and 23°C.
Baileys Irish Cream can be enjoyed on its own, but it’s best when served chilled or with ice. The drink is also popularly used as an additive to tea or coffee. It can also be added to dessert cocktails as an ingredient. Due to its sweet, chocolatey, and creamy flavor, Baileys Irish Cream can be added to cakes and other desserts.
Now that we’ve introduced you to the drink, it’s time to ask the real questions. How much does Baileys Irish Cream cost, and what recipes can we make using Baileys? We got you covered! We will be listing the price of Baileys and the different recipes you can do with it.
Baileys: How Much Does a Bottle Cost?
Baileys is a drink that most adults with a sweet tooth would definitely enjoy. Baileys is available in four different sizes, each having a different price as the packaging gets bigger. Listed below are the average prices of Baileys Irish Cream.
No Baileys? No Problem!
Being the first of its kind and having a near to impossible chance to duplicate its recipe, Baileys remains the “premiere” Irish Cream Liqueur. Despite this, many have attempted to recreate their own version of Baileys Irish Cream, resulting in a sub-par flavor to Baileys. This is, however, debatable as everyone has their own preference when it comes to liquor.
The downside of being the “premium” Irish Cream is it can be exceptionally pricy. Some people tend to value the price of a product over its quality. Since other significant brands are relatively cheaper, it is understandable to choose the more economical route.
Baileys may be the original Irish Cream Liqueur, but some brands have stood out over the years, establishing their reputation as a worthy competitor to the legendary Baileys Irish Cream. Below are some Irish Cream Liqueur brands that may be alternatives to Baileys. Take note that these may taste different from Baileys, but each has its own highlights, and you may never know if you might enjoy it more than the original.
- Brady’s Irish Cream - Made in few batches, Brady’s Irish Cream is a full-bodied drink with a fantastic aroma of coffee, chocolate, and caramel. Brady’s has a creamy taste with a hint of butterscotch, sweet dark chocolate, and vanilla. A bottle of Brady’s costs around $12 to $15.
- Kerrygold Irish Cream - Kerrygold is creamier and darker compared to other Irish Cream Liqueur brands. What makes Kerrygold unique is how it makes the liqueur’s chocolate component stand out the most, making it the chocolate milk specific for adults. The price of Kerrygold costs around $22 per bottle.
- Molly’s Irish Cream - Same as the original, Molly’s uses the essential ingredients of any Irish Cream Liqueur: chocolate, cream, and Irish Whisky. What sets it apart from others? Molly’s Irish Cream uses top-quality cream from cows fed with high-quality grass. A 750 ml bottle of Molly’s Irish Cream has the same price as Brady’s.
As mentioned earlier, Baileys can be incorporated in a plethora of desserts and drinks ranging from martinis all the way to molten chocolate cakes. Here is a few recipes you can incorporate Baileys as a staple ingredient:
Baileys Fun Facts
- Baileys Irish Cream was named after a restaurant in London called “Bailey’s Bistro.”
- The majority of Baileys drinkers are not Baby Boomers or Gen-X but, in fact, Millennials. Official surveys made by Baileys showed that most drinkers are below 35 years old, the current age group of Millennials.
- Over the years, Baileys has experimented and brought out different flavors to better suit their patrons’ preferences. Recently, they’ve released a vegan version of Baileys for those who prefer animal-free diets.
- During its early years, Baileys was regarded as a woman’s drink due to its flavor. Today, both men and women enjoy Baileys equally.